cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4500 - How to enable write caching on the device (SSDPE2KX010T7L)

LG5
New Contributor

I'm trying to enable this function in device manager without success (WindowsServer2016). Do I something wronge? What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hello LG5, After the research, this is the outcome. Only SATA drives support write caching, the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series is an NVMe drive, and this technology is not supported for the drive. If you happen to have further questions, feel free to contact us back. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hello LG5, Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities. In order to give you the most accurate answer for this matter, let me do further research and then get back to you with the outcome. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

LG5
New Contributor

Hello Esteban_Intel,

I will wait for the answer. Hopefully it will not take too long ... 😉

Regards,

LG5

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hello LG5, After the research, this is the outcome. Only SATA drives support write caching, the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series is an NVMe drive, and this technology is not supported for the drive. If you happen to have further questions, feel free to contact us back. Regards, Esteban C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation