Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

P5800X how to actually buy it?

smith1122
Beginner

Clearly this product exists, but how do I actually go about buying it?

None of the Intel partners appear to stock it.

Can I order direct somehow?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201860/intel-optane-ssd-dc-p5800x-series-800gb-2-5in-pcie-x4-3d-xpoint.html

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @smith1122 and @BHarr8.

Thank you very much for showing interest in this new release.

From the support side we do not have more information at the moment, but we expect that the Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P5800X will launch to a broader customer base this year, this is just a matter of time, but I cannot provide you a timeframe, this is the reason why it is recommended to work with the resellers or distributors in order to be updated once they get stock or in case they already know when the units will arrive.

If you have other questions or you would like to add any comments, please let me know, but if that is not the case, I will proceed to close the thread on January 14th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @smith1122.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I reviewed your ticket regarding the Intel SSD DC P5800X

We do not sell directly to customers and are unable to allocate products as we do not have insight on product availability at Intel Authorized distributors or resellers, so it is recommended for you to work with them to keep you posted on the latest information involving product availability. 

The following links can be used to contact the authorized resellers and distributors, just remember to change the country based on your location:

- Resellers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/find-a-reseller.html

- Distributors: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

This being said, there are other options depending on the size of the project you are working on in case it involves large quantities, would you mind sharing the following details if that is the case?

- Possible number of units involved.

- Project budget.

- Project timeframe.

- Other Intel products possibly involved.

I will follow up on January 14th or we can schedule a different date if required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
smith1122
Beginner

Really I would like to try just 1 before ordering large numbers, thx.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Same here, just 1 for now. I am hopeful that just like the P4800X line that is currently available everywhere the P5800X will be as well. There is no announcement about a consumer version yet but I am hoping that this will come post CES.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @smith1122 and @BHarr8.

Thank you very much for showing interest in this new release.

From the support side we do not have more information at the moment, but we expect that the Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P5800X will launch to a broader customer base this year, this is just a matter of time, but I cannot provide you a timeframe, this is the reason why it is recommended to work with the resellers or distributors in order to be updated once they get stock or in case they already know when the units will arrive.

If you have other questions or you would like to add any comments, please let me know, but if that is not the case, I will proceed to close the thread on January 14th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello,

This thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or using any of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I'm interested as well. I am doing a workstation build in a few months and would love to use one as an OS/apps drive. The mix of fast sequential and crazy fast mixed 4K random is exactly what I want.

0 Kudos