cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC boots to bios first before Win10

TOwen
New Contributor II

Hello,

I recently built a new Skylake PC (i7-6700k) using your new Intel 750 PCIe 4x NVMe SSD. I'm using the Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 mobo and I've upgraded the BIOS to version 4F. I managed to install the OS with little real difficulty but when I turn my PC on, it always boots to BIOS. I can then save and exit despite making no changes and it will then boot to Win10. How do I get it to boot to Windows directly?

[edit....] I've attached my SSD log file just in case it's needed.

8 REPLIES 8

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Nvs1980,

Once you configure the BIOS and save the changes, the system should be able to boot from the Intel® SSD 750 Series after shutdown or restarts.

At this time, the documentation we have available is for motherboards using the X99 and Z97 chipsets. Our best recommendation is to review the examples for Gigabyte motherboards that are mentioned in the document linked before and use them as a reference.

We will forward your feedback about updating the documentation to include Z170 motherboards.

If the issue persists, you might want to contact Gigabyte support so they can help you determine any issue specific to your Motherboard.

TOwen
New Contributor II

I wanted to update the thread to say that the beta BIOS upgrade available on the Gigabyte website seems to have fixed the problems I was having. I have only rebooted 3 times so far, but each time it has booted directly to Windows10.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for the update, we are glad to know the issue was resolved with the BIOS update. This will be very useful for other users as well.

TScha5
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

mmy bios is updated to F5, the most recent, and still no luck. I can't even install windows. It says I need to "enable the controller"...????? I can't even see the Intel 750 under Boot Options. I can only see it under Peripherals. NVMe configuration under Peripherals is blank.