cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC does not recognize the drive

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

X25-M SATA 120GB drive.

I have never used one of these, so I am new to it! I have tried installing this drive on 2 different pc's. Using Windows 7 Home Premium. Neither on seems to want to recognize the drive. I have installed drives etc. for many years, so I am assuming that installing a SSD should not be any different. When I boot up, nothing is shown that I have installed any new hardware. There is no other drive connected, and trying to install the operating system.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

By not recognized do you mean in BIOS? Device Manager? or during the windows installation?

I'm guessing you added it to a working computer running windows 7. First check in BIOS to see if the motherboard/chipset recognizes the drive. If not, that is the place to start.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No it is not recognized in any of the 3 places mentioned. I checked in the BIOS to make sure the SATA ports were working by connecting another SATA drive and it was recognized.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well then you have one of two problems.

1. SSD is Dead.

2. Motherboard/SATA firmware does not support the drive. Hard to believe this is the case, but possible.

Any more information you care to share? Motherboard manufacturer, chipset. Computer type, etc

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

MOB: ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI

Computer: Home assembled

I am betting that the drive was DOA.