cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SE7000
Beginner

PIO, MWDMA, or True IDE mode in SSD

Hi

I’m looking for a sata SSD that I can set to PIO 0-4 and MWDMA 0-2, this May include True IDE mode.

My machine is a Yamaha CDR-HD1500 legacy audio device with a Pata cdrw R/W linked as a master to Pata motherboard and (originally) a slave 3.5” HDD.

I’m finding bridge adaptors and Sata SSDs are not talking so well with the simple beast the Yamaha is.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosafathB_Intel

Hello SE7000,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We noticed that you are trying to use adapters due to your equipment limitation. We do not support, recommend, or sell any adapter to accomplish your goal of using an Intel® SSD on your Yamaha* equipment.

The features that you are referring to are legacy, and our SSD may or may not be able to support this, and it is even less probable since the usage of an IDE adapter is necessary.

Our recommendation is to contact Yamaha to check if they have any recommended adapter or drive that will be fully compatible with your sound system.

We will not close this thread, and you can still post and share your findings with the community. If you need assistance related to another Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread, and please submit a new question. We will no longer monitor this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.