cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! X18 Apple Bootcamp Windows 7 problem!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm saddened to learn that my SSD is unable to be recognised when I try and install windows 7. I've been googling about and there is a firmware fix for this. Only that the bloody firmware fix doesnt seem to work on my mac mini.

Can someone please help me out? I'm just trying to get windows 7 on my mini.

I have the X18-M SSD 80 gig

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

INTEL SSDSA1MH080G1GN:

Capacity: 80.03 GB (80,026,361,856 bytes)

Model: INTEL SSDSA1MH080G1GN

Revision: 045C8610

Serial Number: CVEM848400AA080IGN

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure I will be able to help, but you need to supply a bit more info:

At what stage is the SSD not being recognised?

Does Bootcamp Assistant recognise it and enable you to create a Bootcamp partition?

or

Have you created a Bootcamp partition successfully, but the Windows 7 install process is not recognising the Bootcamp partition?

Windows 7 is not supported officially by Bootcamp yet (Apple say new version by end of year....pretty soon). To install Windows 7 x64 on my MacBook Pro I had to create a new ISO from the retail Windows 7 disk and burn a new install disk from it to get round the limitations of the current version of Bootcamp. It all worked fine, and Windows 7 runs well on my MBP (on cheapo Kingston SSD)

There are a lot of threads about this on the Bootcamp section of Apple Discussions.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi to do the FW update for the SSD you will need to do it on a non apple system. If you have a notehr computer put it in there and try to update the FW then put it back tin the mini.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The recent firmware update (O2HD) can be done on any platform: burn the iso to a CD, boot from the CD, do the update, reboot computer, job done. Detailed instructions here:- http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18363/eng/SATA_SSD_Firmware_Update_Tool_Guidelines_322570.pdf

Not sure this is the OP's real problem.