Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vortex
Beginner

PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Error

My laptop, a Lenovo T420 which uses Windows 10, suddenly started to get this error. I have scoured forums, Google, and various videos on YouTube for a solution. I messed with my BIOS Boot settings, and also reset BIOS configuration to default. . . But to no avail.

I have an Intel SSD 320 Series 160GB that gets the error. It's not physically broken, and my laptop detects the SSD when I boot it, but the error still occurs. I thought it was the SATA connection that was broken, but I took apart my laptop, looked at the motherboard, and it looked physically alright. I tried putting the SSD in another laptop which uses its default HDD, and I get PXE-M0F error (which is practically the same).

I promise that I read this and followed the instructions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005740/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

I don't understand. It was just working. Both of my laptops detect it when it turns on. I even re-seat the SSD multiple times after the error occured. But it just won't work. I can't get into Windows. I have everything in there. I need help please.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @Vortex.

Good day,

I have been informed about this issue already being handled privately via web-ticket by one of my colleagues.

This thread will be closed as it is not necessary, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Tags (1)