cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue with other drives (d:) from my SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have my OS installed on my 80 gig SSD using built in windows 7 drivers. I have homed everything to 😧 which is a raid 0 running on my onboard intel chipset.

It seems that the disk itself seems to hibernate or something making the first request to it painfully slow (i can hear it spin up and watch the directories render).

There must be an a known setting for this. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe i just answered my own question... i had the high performance setting for power settings, but apparently it still set the HD to go to sleep after 20 minutes. I wonder if it would allow it to sleep based on me not accessing it?? Is that possible?

I just set it to never shut down. We will see...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Nope. It hasn't helped. I still seem to get the Harddrive "spin up" on directories that have not been read from for a while as it takes forever for windows explorer to catch up! 10 seconds at least on a medium size directory. After that its responsive...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Anyone have any ideas here? It's like accessing any of my other drives takes a while like they are all asleep. onboard raid 0 (though i am not using Intel drivers -- just hte built in windows), external usb drives, etc.