Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Persistent processes left over after using Data Migration Tool, and SSD Toolbox.

tone0
Novice

On Win7 x64 I installed a 660p device and used the Data Migration Tool and the SSD Toolbox. After migration the system boots from SSD & runs great, but now I see two additional startup items and two additional processes. "datamigrationsoftwaremonitor.exe" and TibMountermonitor.exe".

Is there any legit reason for these items to be persistent, and to continue to consume memory resources? If I wanted to migrate again or use the toolbox features again, I would just launch those as needed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tone0
Novice

From your response I conclude that these utilities do not provide any ongoing health monitoring of the SSD. If so, there is no reason for them to launch on boot unless your goal is to waste memory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Please provide your processor model number.

Doc

0 Kudos
tone0
Novice

i7-6700

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello tns one, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with the Intel® Data Migration Software and the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (Intel® SSD Toolbox). If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can review the following information: • If you are going to be making backups of your information by using the Intel® Data Migration Software it is okay to keep this service running. • If you like to monitor your SSD status every day and to check for firmware updates on a daily basis it is okay to keep this service running. Take into consideration that this service does not consume many resources since they are running in the background and it is up to you to stop these services in case you do not need them. We hope you find this information helpful. Best regards. Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello tns one, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello tns one, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tone0
Novice

From your response I conclude that these utilities do not provide any ongoing health monitoring of the SSD. If so, there is no reason for them to launch on boot unless your goal is to waste memory.

0 Kudos