cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Raid0 benchmarks for intel x25 g2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Shouldn't I be seeing a read average of about 400+ for hd tune here? This is set up in a dell xps8000 raid 0 with 128 blocks on Win7. Thanks for any Help.

21 REPLIES 21

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hmm . During x25 installation I also disconnected one of my cdRoms and used that sata cable for one of the x25's. I also pluged that x25 into the connector on the motherboard that was originally used for the cdRom. That shouldn't make a difference… should it?

DZand
Contributor III

The 2 SSD's should be connected with the Intel SATA ports 1+2, the optical drive with a non-Intel SATA port (if available) of your mainboard.

Since you obviously didn't install any Intel RAID drivers, your OS is running with the Win7 in-box Intel RAID driver v8.6.2.1012 dated 04/08/2009. You will get a better performance, if you do a driver update (either to v8.9.0.1023 or v9.5.0.1037).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Would it be best to do an OS reinstall or you think I can just update the driver?

DZand
Contributor III

No OS reinstall is needed, just run the installer of the RAID package (Intel Matrix Storage Manager or Intel Rapid Storage Technology depending on your decision).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well I installed the Matrix storage manager and rebooted. Still getting the same results, however I see that the driver is Ver:8.9.0.1023 in the properties section of Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller. The instructions mention this…

"If you are installing the operating system on a system configured for RAID or AHCI mode, you must pre-install the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager driver using the F6 installation method described in section 5.3."

Should I just reinstall the OS?

Also should mention that if I use a larger block size in HDtune (like 512kb) then the read avg goes over 450(The default block size is 64kb in HDtune). But that's expected... right?