cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Raid0 benchmarks for intel x25 g2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Shouldn't I be seeing a read average of about 400+ for hd tune here? This is set up in a dell xps8000 raid 0 with 128 blocks on Win7. Thanks for any Help.

21 REPLIES 21

DZand
Contributor III

No, don't reinstall the OS. This will not change anything.

The instructions you posted are designed for users, who want to install Windows XP. There is no F6 option, if you are going to install Vista or Win7.

Maybe you will get a better performance after having flashed the new Intel SSD firmware (once it is available again) and installed the upcoming official Intel RST drivers, which are optimized for Intel SSD's and Win7.

MJohn29
New Contributor

There is indeed the ability to install RAID/AHCI drivers upon install with Vista and 7. You can use a USB thumb drive. With Windows 7, it is not recommended to use Intel's driver for SSD because it does not pass the TRIM command. Not sure that matters for you since RAID does not support TRIM either. I would wait for the new RST driver myself and just use the native Windows driver in Windows 7 for now.

DZand
Contributor III

@ Zorlac:

The only drivers, which are supporting the TRIM command right now, are the generic MS IDE driver (PCIIDE.SYS) and the MS AHCI driver (MSAHCI.SYS). None of them can be used with a RAID system. RAID users are not even able to use Intel's new SSD Toolbox, because the optimizer won't work with RAID systems.

So all RAID users have to wait for a new generation of Intel RAID drivers, which do support the TRIM command.

Furthermore the SSD's themselves need to be flashed with the TRIM supporting firmware.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Think I'm gonna give reinstall a shot.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well I reinstalled but this time I manually installed the intel matrix driver(Ver:8.9.0.1023 ) from a usb stick instead of completely skipping this step like the first time. Also chose to format during the install. Anyway I'm Still getting the same HD Tune results as before. At a loss now.

One thing I did notice is that somehow dell is putting a hidden partition somewhere. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or could it be the motherboard is not capable? Also found out that the stepping option was not turned on by default in the bios. That seems strange, no?