cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Installing 600p ssd on Windows 7

mmike10
New Contributor

Hi,

It is my intention to buy 2 x 512mb 600P M.2 drive for use on my small business system which runs on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I have been investigating if I can install the Windows 7 Boot system onto a Intel 512mb 600P M.2 drive without much sucess.

I have noted that the Microsoft standard NVMe express drivers as per this page - " https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2990941" are not satisfactorly working or am I misinformed ??

Do you have any information about this situation that would allow me to move forward.

I note that on 21/10 there was a comment on this site - "We will release a public document with the detailed instructions in the near future." - how is this going ???

Regards

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mikestone,

Thanks for posting in our forum.In reference to the installation of Windows* 7 with the Intel® Solid State Drive 600p series, http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_6_Series_PCIeNVMe_... here is a link with some steps on how to install Windows* 7 on these NVMe* drives.Please try the suggested link and let us know if you were successful following the instructions.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

mmike10
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and information which I have read.

Please note as I mentioned in my first Post - " It is my intention to buy 2 x 512mb 600P M.2 drive " I will not order them until I am sure I can use them as

the Boot System.

Unfortunally I am under pressure on this matter and would not be happy buying an inferior product instead.

So therefore I would like to hear any information on the Sucessful operation of the 600P under the Windows 7 operating system and exactly how it was set up.

I look forward to your response

Regards

Mike Stone

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mikestone,

We have received confirmation from other customers that were successful using this guide to install the operating system on the SSD 600p (Windows* 7).We also were successful installing Windows* 7 on our SSD 600p using the guide, we tested in 2 different systems (Asus* & Gigabyte* motherboards).Our recommendation is to check with the computer manufacturer first and make sure the motherboard you are going to use to install the SSDs is PCIe x4 NVMe* compatible.Any other question please let us know.Regards,NC

Hi, NC

Thanks for getting back to me quickly with the good news.

My board is an ASUS x99 -A ll which is fully compatable with PCIe x4 NVMe*

I will now proceed with the order tomorrow

Thank you for your valued assistance.

Regards

Mike Stone