cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSD 320 500GB

PSing16
New Contributor

My SSD 320 500GB is partitioned into C & D Drives. Today for unknown reason the C:, which is the boot drive fails to boot. Windows starts (the 4 colored circles starts to move, and then there is blue screen with some numbers appearing but too fast to catch. I remove the drive from my laptop and connect it to another laptop via USB port. I am unable to access the C but can access the D. I download the Intel diagnostic toolbox program but it does not see the Intel SSD, only the HDD in the laptop. Can anyone advise me what to do?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Parvin,

Could you please check under disk management in Windows*?We would like to know if the size of the SSD is the correct, if not please let us know what is the size reported under disk management and also from "my computer" screen.We will be waiting for your response.

NC

PSing16
New Contributor

Under Disk Management, it shows the partition C is not accessible. Windows message is as below.

But the other half is accessible and normal. This happened after there was a message to restart the computer and I clicked it without thinking. I did not see what process was asking to do that, but on hindsight why I need this since I did not install any software or make any change to the hardware, makes me wonder could it be a virus?

Hi NC,

Under Disk Management, the size is correct. Both partitions C and D are 263.36 GB. But the File System for the C is RAW and D is NTFS. C should also be NTFS, but somehow it has become RAW which is why it can boot up.

Parvin

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Parvin,

When it comes to a RAW partition, the only thing you can try is to re-partition the disk and reload the operating system. There is no way to convert it back to NTFS.This is an example of a tool that might help you with your data, please check this http://www.easeus.com/resource/raw-partition-recovery.htm link. "This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there."Please let us know if you need anything else.

NC