cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to install Windows 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi! I have a problem that somehow is connected to my X25-80Gb SSD-drive.

Have built a PC on a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 motherboard. Everything has worked fine until I got to the OS-installation.

The intention was to install the OS on the SSD-drive. The installation works fine up until a certain stage where the intallation ALWAYS freezes.

The PC just stalls, and NOTHING happens...

I get to the point where the installation says "Completing installation"...and then...nothing....I 've waited over night just to make sure that nothing was going on in the background...but nothing.

Once I replaced the SSD-drive with a disk-drive....then everything worked, so I sent the SSD-drive back.....the retailer tested it, and found that it worked fine, so I got it back....same problem still remains.

What have i tried more?

Disconnected all USB-equipment. Nothing

Changed from IDE to AHCI in Bios, and back. Nothing

Another DVD.Nothing

To me there seems to be something that makes my motherboard refuse to install on the SSD-drive. Is there any specific settings that the MB may require?

Anybody have any ideas? Do I need to buy another MB to get this working?

Very greatful for any suggestions!

BR from Sweden.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, just so anyone with the same problem knows......I replaced with a ASUS MoBo...and an new processor, and then the installation went just fine!

(P8P67LE)

Björn

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have kinda similar problem but with intel 510 series it's connected through 6gbs ... what should I do? I changed it back to ide and it works again