cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 4 x SSD 530 series

VLore
New Contributor

Hi,

We have been using the SSD 530 for a while now in some production units. Now i have 4 drives that have failed during a short amount of time in 4 different systems around the world.

The system compailns about bad superblocks on our RW partition (sda7) when trying to boot linux. (same error on all failed drives)

I have checked the drives with intel ssd toolbox, and it reports healthy drives. But when trying to do a scan for errors it fails on 15%.

We have not had any problems with these in the past and have not had any changes to how our file system is built for the last 3 years. We have 100+ systems with intel SSDs around the world and most of them never had any problems with the SSD.

So i am suspecting a problem with the batch of drives we got for our last buy. And i would like to figure out what is the root cause since we have 25+ systems in the field with drives bought in the same time period.

Serial numbers for 3 of the drives:

cvda502603811802gn

cvda502607591802gn

phda412300wg1802gn

Any feedback are welcome.

11 REPLIES 11

VLore
New Contributor

Hi,

I connected the drives to a Windows computer through SATA to use the Intel SSD Toolbox.

Find the smart details below, also attached .csv of the smart status:

CVDA502607591802GN:

PHDA412300WG1802GN

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi vclor,

Thanks for the logs provided. It seems that the 2 SSDs are fine based on the information.In this case we recommend you to perform a low level format in one of the SSDs in order to check if that helps.Regards,Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi vclor,

We would like to know if you were able to read our previous post and if you can share any comments.Regards, Junior M.

IIanM
New Contributor II

Look at the raw values of BB Uncorrectable Error Count. This attribute means there have been catastrophic errors while the controller reading data from the NAND flash. The cause of this is very likely a firmware bug.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi vclor,

We would like to know if you were able to read our previous post and if you can share any comments.Regards,Nestor C