cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with video editing after upgrading to ssd.

BBato
New Contributor

Hi all,

I upgraded my hard drive in my laptop to an Intel Pro 1500 series 180gb ssd. Before I had been using just a standard mechanical hard drive. Everything is of course much faster except for one thing - video editing. No matter which editing software I use, no matter what type of video I import, the preview window always lags (drops frames) This makes me unable to do any editing as the preview window is important to see what the video looks like. The preview window never used to stutter when I had my old HDD so I came to the conclusion that the problem must lay with the ssd. My specs are as follows:

Lenovo G470 Laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (with integrated graphics)

8 GB DDR3 Ram

Intel Pro 1500 series 180gb SSD

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi Baz_B, do you get similar behavior from different tasks, such as a file transfer? Please try copying a big file.

There are similar issues discussed across the web that make reference to other causes.

Hello joe_intel, thank you for your response.

I do not get similar behavior from copying big files - in fact it seems pretty fast doing such tasks. Bootup time is also pretty fast.

Thanks,

Baz_B

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hey Baz_B

We are currently researching on this issue for you. Please give us some time to provide you an answer.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hey Baz_B,

We wonder if you could let us know and example of the firmware you tried. Please let us know as soon as possible.