cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with video editing after upgrading to ssd.

BBato
New Contributor

Hi all,

I upgraded my hard drive in my laptop to an Intel Pro 1500 series 180gb ssd. Before I had been using just a standard mechanical hard drive. Everything is of course much faster except for one thing - video editing. No matter which editing software I use, no matter what type of video I import, the preview window always lags (drops frames) This makes me unable to do any editing as the preview window is important to see what the video looks like. The preview window never used to stutter when I had my old HDD so I came to the conclusion that the problem must lay with the ssd. My specs are as follows:

Lenovo G470 Laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (with integrated graphics)

8 GB DDR3 Ram

Intel Pro 1500 series 180gb SSD

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

BBato
New Contributor

Hello aleki_intel, thanks for your response.

By firmware, I'm guessing you mean software? If so, I have tried Sony Vegas Pro 13, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Camtasia Studio 8.

Hope that is the right thing.

Baz_B

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Baz_B

Exactly. I meant the software. Thank you for the information. we are going to research on this and see what we can find to help with this issue.

BBato
New Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate your confirmation.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Baz_B

Please check the SSD is runing the latest firmware. You can find our Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox for downloading in the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® Download Center Could you please also tell us the current O.S., the previous drive, and if the graphics drivers are updated?

BBato
New Contributor

Hi aleki_intel,

I have checked and I have the latest version of the Intel SSD Toolbox (I run the optimizer every week). My current O.S. is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I am not able to tell you exactly what my previous hard drive was (I have given it to someone else) but I can remember that it was by Toshiba and had a 240gb capacity. I have also used the Intel driver update utility which made me update the chipset and graphics card drivers but after installing there was no effect - the preview window is still laggy. (The drivers are up-to-date).