cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about 535's Total NAND Writes value

IIanM
New Contributor II

My Intel 535's firmware version is RG21. According to Intel SSD Toolbox, Total NAND Writes is 10187, Total LBA Written is 962GB. But 535's official document says NAND Writes "value reports the number of writes to NAND in 1 GB increments", which means my SSD has been written about 10TB. That seems crazy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello database64128,

The RAW value of Total NAND Writes shown by Intel® SSD Toolbox indicates the amount of GB written to the NAND chips. As you suggested, for your drive it is around 10 TB; this results in a write amplication factor of 10 to 1 for your SSD.

The Write Amplication depends mainly on the type of workload. However, we are currently researching about this matter on the Intel® SSD 530 and 535 Series, once we have more information, it will be posted in the main thread related to this topic:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello database64128,

The RAW value of Total NAND Writes shown by Intel® SSD Toolbox indicates the amount of GB written to the NAND chips. As you suggested, for your drive it is around 10 TB; this results in a write amplication factor of 10 to 1 for your SSD.

The Write Amplication depends mainly on the type of workload. However, we are currently researching about this matter on the Intel® SSD 530 and 535 Series, once we have more information, it will be posted in the main thread related to this topic:

IIanM
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply!

Hi Jonathan,

Could you do me a favor?

I don't want to use LPM (HIPM/DIPM/Devslp) , may I have Intel's support to get the FW which not supports LPM?

Thanks.