Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSTCLI Smart Response Technology

FCena
New Contributor

SRT

Hello

May be this is not the righest area for this question but it's the only about about storage.

I've a computer , HP 9470m, with a 32GB Flash Cache and a 500Gb hard disk. They were configured for Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel Rapid Start technology. This configuration was done at HP Factory.

Now I was trying to use the intel utility RSTCLI or RSTCLI64, depending of the OS , but when I execute , in a CMD prompt Windows of Windows 7 64bit or in WinPE 32 bit, the command rstcli.exe I always get the message "could not get system information" and "Could not get system info" and "1" , in 3 different lines.

If in Windows 7 I start the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) GUI , I see the flash cache and the disk and I can configure the SRT in this way.

My goal is to find a way the configure the intel RST from a bacth file in WinPE.

I put the request here because a standard SSD can be used as a cache device for a standard HDD.

Do some of you ever tryed this utility that can be downloaded from Intel Download center ?

the file name is RSTCLI11_7_1013_CLI_Tools.zip.

Many Thanks

Franco

9 REPLIES 9

Thanks for posting the picture.

My next guess is that you don't have the drivers installed. Download the drivers and install them (using either the F6 method or using the Windows installer).

FCena
New Contributor

Hello Ken

in the BIOS the controller is set as RAID (chipset QM77). In Windows 7 64bit SP1 , looking in Device manager, Storage Controllers -> Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller - > Properties -> Driver , I see :

Intel , 2/1/2012, versiion 11.1.0.1006 , file iastor.sys.

Strange, because I'm sure I installed version 11.2.0.1006 from hp softpaq sp60803.exe (Intel Rapid Storage technology). Let me reinstall it again.

After the reinstallation, I got date 5/30/2012 version 11.2.0.1006 for iastor.sys

ALso with the newer driver, I still have the same issue.

Yesterday I called a friend that is a very good system engineer. He works a lot with Microsoft SCCM.

When he tried to use RSTCLI64.exe got the same error.

In any case thanks for your suggestion because I discovered that I was not using latest driver version from HP site.

Bye

Franco

Hi Franco,

I wonder if there could be something about the drivers on the HP site. Can you provide the link you use for download? I'll download those exact drivers and see what happens.

You could also try the latest drivers from the Intel site. They are located here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194&lang=eng

FCena
New Contributor

Hello Ken

this is a descritption TXT file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.cva ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.cva

this is the HTML version ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.html ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.html

this is the driver package ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.exe ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60803.exe

I'm going to download the driver from Intel site, using your link

I tried today to use RSTCLI64 also an HP dekstop computer. which is using another iastor.sys version 10.x.x.x , also fro HP site (HP 8300 SFF).

I'll let you know what happens with Intel driver from Intel site.

bye

FCena
New Contributor

Hello Ken

using the Intel driver from Intel site, 11.7.0.1013, rstcli64.exe finally return to me the information about the controller, the disc and so on. it works.

I have to understand now if the issue is due to the driver version , 11.1.x.x and 11.2.x.x versus 11.7.x.x or is the HP version that is missing something.

Know I will try to use the version 11.7.0.1013 with WinPE and create a batch file to configure the flash cache, the array and enable the acceleration.

thank you very much, it was simple but I'm use to use the driver certified by HP on HP machine.

bye

have a good week-end

Franco