cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 bootable drive now listed as non Raid, help!

GMare1
New Contributor

Hi there,

- I have lost my 2 raid 0 drives, which were my booting drive for Windows.

It happened to me while I was plugging into my pc another drive to check his content and by mistake -while shut down, one of my data cable to 1 of my ssd raid 0 got unplugged.

Now after shutting down and replugging it in, they don't show anymore in my raid config, but just as non-raid when starting up.

Disk 0 - INTEL SSDSC2CW240A \\.\PhysicalDrive0

Disk 2 - INTEL SSDSC2CW240A \\.\PhysicalDrive2

They show now in this order because I have now hooked up an extra HD (in IDE)to run Windows and testing disk programs.

Here is my config:Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe /Z77 chipset2x Intel 520 Series SSD 240 GB

What do you suggest I should do a as my next step so to make my ssd bookable again and run like before without having to delete them...? Troubleshooting I did before is to change the boot sequence, unplug cables to 1 of ssd...and so on but no matter what my disk always show as non raid...

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Gam,

It seems the raid was broken at the point it is now setup as regular single drives, meaning you will need to rebuild the raid. In this case since it is a raid 0, we can suggest to contact OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in order to check if there is a way from the chipset, raid controller or BIOS for you to recover it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Gam,

We are following up this case, please let us know if there is any more information you require from us.

GMare1
New Contributor

Hi Nestor,

Contacted ASUS, they could not helped me.

Created a new array raid 0, deleting then my data and restarting from zero...

Not the solution I was looking for and not sure if there was a solution to my problem if my raid 0 configuration was lost...

Thanks anyway,

Best regards

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Gam,

When it comes to RAID 0 failure, the data will be lost almost for sure, instead of a RAID 1 where you can just switch one of the drives and then sync.

Not very glad to hear your information was lost, we suggest you to keep a back up daily in order to avoid these kind of situation in the future.