Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Rapid storage tech will not start

SStra11
Beginner

Today the Intel Rapid storage system will not start; icon showed "RST not running". After attempting to force the app to (via start menu) an error appeared: an unknown error occurred while running this application. If the problem persists, please restart your computer or try reinstalling this application. I've restarted and shut down the PC even removed power for a few minutes before restarting. Well, the problem is persisting... I'm ok with reloading the software. However, I am unsure which version to reinstall; or if any data will be lost after the reinstallation (will it try to rebuild the RAID?). Is there something that I am missing? My system consist of a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING7 motherboard. Intel i5-6500 Skylake processor and 2 Seagate 1T HDD on a RAID1 system. Need advise.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Taffy,

I was about to move your thread over to the Rapid Storage Technology support community, when I noticed that you've also posted there.

My suggestion will be to wait for them to answer your question, as they are the experts on the subject.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos