cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3500 Series 800GB w 8MB bug!

JHeds1
New Contributor

Got a brand new SSD DC S3500 Series 800 GB disk for my Macbook Pro in february 2014.

Last night it kicked the bucket after a forced power off - from 800 GB to 8,4 MB in 1 secs.

Now, since this bug has been around since 2011, has anyone found a way to recover any data from a drive that's been hit?

20 REPLIES 20

RYang19
New Contributor

I am encountering this issue as well.

Can you recall what state or what operation your notebook was performing before going to the 8MB state?

A secure erase can revive the drive, but data will be erased.

JHeds1
New Contributor

My mac was starting up from sleep mode but before I was able to login I got the spinning beach ball for some reason. My patience ran out after about 5 minutes, I forced a power-off by pressing the pwr button for a couple of secs. At the next startup I got a folder icon with a flashing question mark...then it was all over.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

You may take the Intel® SSD to a data recovery service; if you prefer, go with an Intel® Partner such as the ones listed below, this way you will make sure the warranty will not be affected.

For warranty replacements please contact your nearest http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel® support team.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Thanks for the links, Joe_Intel.

My main concern now is trust! My impression was that this issue was solved? I mean, It 's been two and a half yrs since it was acknowledged by Intel (on the 320 series).