cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3500 Series 800GB w 8MB bug!

JHeds1
New Contributor

Got a brand new SSD DC S3500 Series 800 GB disk for my Macbook Pro in february 2014.

Last night it kicked the bucket after a forced power off - from 800 GB to 8,4 MB in 1 secs.

Now, since this bug has been around since 2011, has anyone found a way to recover any data from a drive that's been hit?

20 REPLIES 20

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Intel engineering sample products are not meant to be sold nor made available to the general public by Intel. They are generally only loaned by Intel to Intel's Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs), and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) for pre-production test and evaluation work under specific contractual terms and conditions that assure the protection of Intel's assets and confidential information. Therefore, engineering sample products are not covered under Intel warranty and are generally not supported by Intel.

Our best suggestion for you is to file a claim with the respective consumer protection agency depending on the country where the product was purchased. For instance: the http://www.bbb.org/ Better Business Bureau in North America, the online store, or the auction site policies if it was purchased that way.

My working SSD is damaged by Intel's official firmware release hence I am expecting support. I don't mind getting my SSD replaced by another engineering sample or whatever. I need working SSD as before Intel's official firmware update.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please allow us to check for options in this case.

fxor
New Contributor

Sure.

BTW Intel already have my this SSD for Repair/ Replacement/ Analysis for a month now.

fxor
New Contributor

I am waiting for more than 2 weeks for a reply