cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3700 OEM firmware update problem

PIgn
New Contributor

Hi, i recently bought two drives. Intel OEM S3700 400GB.

Serial Number, BTTV22060099400HGN

Firmware Version, 5DV10213

Serial Number, BTTV220600HA400HGN

Firmware Version, 5DAA0120

Currenly i don't know from which manufacture servers its pulled off, i trying to get this info. But i simply try update firmware via Intel SSD Toolbox and its says that its already has latest version. In another question on this forum i found that "Intel SSD Toolbox does not have the ability to update the firmware on OEM drives" ( )

But why firmware ID like original Intel dirves??? I have one S3700 retail version and its has 5DV10265 and updated to 5DV10270 like on web site info.

Next problem, BTTV220600HA400HGN(fm.5DAA0120) get 8 MB fail after i turn off notebook and replace SSD to my computer (from AHCI notebook to IDE mode PC) and i see this fail . SSD was clean and without logical partition, if its important info. Before it i done full test in Intel SSD Toolbox - all was successfully.

I read about similar probled in 320 series but now i see this on 3700

I get two reports via Intel SSD Toolbox before and after fail (attached).

So the main points:

1. Hot to identify OEM manufacturer? (if its needed)

2. How to update firmware?

3. How to fix failed SSD?

7 REPLIES 7

You can do a low level format. That will erase everything completely from the SSD and it will be like starting from scratch.

JFera
New Contributor

In the meantime, it would be appreciated to have access to an advanced user mode, where knowledgeable users would have the possibility to flash OEM SSDs back to original Intel firmwares.

HP does not provide any tool or update.

From our side you can do a low level format using the Intel® Toolbox software but I regret to say there is not a software that can take back the firmware version to the original.