cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SATA 0 None, after I enabled acceleration in RST, system file not found after rebooting.

ADiam
New Contributor

I have a Dell XPS8700 with 256gb ssd. I was getting a message that said accelerated caching was not enabled in RST. I then followed instructions to enable enhanced accelerated caching. Rebooted computer and received error message "System Files Not Found". Entered bios and found SATA 0 None. Used F2 to enter setup utility and there is no option to choose SSD. Need some help. What next?

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

A.Diamond,

Do you have only one drive in this system?

When the system was installed, was it installed in AHCI mode?

If the drive is not being shown in BIOS, can you try to disconnect the cables and re-connect them back?, you may try a power cycle as well (Disconnect the power cable and press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, then try to power the system back on).

Please let us know.

ADiam
New Contributor

There is only one drive. It is a hybrid 2Tb + 32Gb ssd. The system is in AHCI mode. My mistake ssd does appear within the bios, as mSATA/SATA 5.

I Performed two types of power cycle. I unplugged AC cable, held power button for :30s. Connected power, rebooted. Next, disconnected all cables to the drive, booted, powered off, connected drive, booted.

No change. Upon start up receive error

"no boot device available

SATA 0 None

SATA 1 INSTALLED

SATA 2 NONE

SATA 3 NONE

SATA 4 NONE

SATA 5 INSTALLED "

I recently created a Dell System recovery on an external drive. When I connect that drive and boot it opens the recovery program. However, when I run the program I receive error "no system file found". Program suggests factory reset. I'd prefer to not lose all my saved files.

As I started in first post, this all began after trying to resolve error message in Intel RST. Where I did two things, as I recall.

1. Changed "failed" to "normal"

2. Activated enhanced caching

ADiam
New Contributor

btw, thank you for your reply

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

A.Diamond,

You are more than welcome. When it comes to enabling enhanced caching, it means the SSD, in your case, will be re-partitioned as the cache device and that is why is no longer booting up, as it is now writing information to your SSD.

In this link you will find more information about it: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005501.html Intel® Smart Response Technology User Guide, in case you would like to verify deeper in this, you can contact our community forum for chipset: