VBala7
New Contributor

I purchased two SSDs (DC S3500 120GB) via ebay and would appreciate

if someone could comment on the SMART values - the SSDs were supposed

to be new - I can see that they have been written to (not new), but I'm

more concerned about the other values.

I used CrystalDiskInfo as Intel SSD toolbox doesn't work

over USB - I've only got a few old pcs with PATA (I'm in the

middle of building a new server with SATA)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello vjekobalas,

Here are the main things I noticed from the S.M.A.R.T. information you provided:

- As you suggested, the drives show some usage (Power Counts, Writes and Reads) this is noted in the report summary and the SMART data, however, it is minimum (300+ GB and 10+ GB) when compared to the endurance ratings expected from the Intel® SSD DC S3500.

- The SMART counters that would be related to any issues in the drive are OK. Bad sectors, errors, failures and wearout are all clean.

You can review the details about the SMART attributes in thehttp://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-s3500-spec... Intel® SSD DC S3500 series - Product Specification, pages 21-24.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello vjekobalas,

Here are the main things I noticed from the S.M.A.R.T. information you provided:

- As you suggested, the drives show some usage (Power Counts, Writes and Reads) this is noted in the report summary and the SMART data, however, it is minimum (300+ GB and 10+ GB) when compared to the endurance ratings expected from the Intel® SSD DC S3500.

- The SMART counters that would be related to any issues in the drive are OK. Bad sectors, errors, failures and wearout are all clean.

You can review the details about the SMART attributes in thehttp://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-s3500-spec... Intel® SSD DC S3500 series - Product Specification, pages 21-24.

Hi jonathan_intel,

Thanks for the info/specs -your comments and a check of the specs

on the temp/power loss values (which concerned me on first sight)

have convinced me to keep the SSDs although they aren't new as advertised.

thanks again ! - time for installation.