cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 530, 240GB doesn't recognized by Firmware update tool nor OS

FCifu
New Contributor

I got a SSD 530 to replace the original HDD that my Lenovo IdeaPad s410p has. It is (sometimes) recognized by the BIOS (after a warm reboot it's not recognized), but it is not recognized by the firmware update tool ISO or Fedora. I have used different USB Flash drives with different linux distros, and also using live DVD's with no result. I have tried both AHCI and Compatible SATA mode, but I'm not able to install anything on it.

I have tried using a USB to SATA adaptor and the SSD drive works correctly. Also I connected this drive to another laptop and it worked correctly too. So I think the problem is in my laptop's BIOS, or the drive's firmware. Can you help me?

Thanks! Francisco.

4 REPLIES 4

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi Francisco, so hopefully you will be able to update the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Intel® SSD Firmware by connecting the drive to the other computer, and then, check if it works in the first system. The BIOS update may be of help as you mentioned but you can try the steps suggested above first.

Hi, I forgot to say that I already have updated the firmware to the version DC32. And Lenovo doesn't provides any BIOS update to my laptop. Do you know how may I proceed?

Thank you!, Francisco.

ENeto
New Contributor II

If the SSD is recognized by the BIOS, dmesg log will show you what the kernel have to say about what it found in the SATA channel. But it will not solve your problem of sometimes it not being recognized.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

The symptoms you describe seem to match the ones described here:

Please follow up the thread for updates.