cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 530 Series 240GB Crashes and Failes To be detected.

CPent1
New Contributor

Greetings,

I recently built a system and am havign troubles. I cannt ofind a particular trigger, but my system will crash to bluescreen. After the crash, the BIOS will fail to recognize the attached SSD, and I must reboot the system a few times until the BIOS recognizes the drive. Once the drive is recognized, everything runs fine until another random crash.

I have run all driver installation associated with the motherboard, and have used the SSD Toolbox. Neither of which have resolved the issue. If it helps in any way, Windows Update has 7 updates that constantly fail to install. Not sure if that is related.

OS

Windows 7 Professional x64

CPU

Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor

Motherboard

ASUS Z87-Deluxe Quad

SSD

Intel 530 Series (240GB, 2.5")

I apologize for the lack of information. If you need anything else to help me with this issue, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I am really sorry for this issue you are experiencing.

I see your motherboard has two SATA controllers, is the Intel® SSD connected to the Intel® Z87 Chipset? If not, please do so. Making this change will most likely require the operating system to be reinstalled.

You may want to use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 latest firmware for the Intel® SSD and latest motherboard BIOS.

I have moved the drive to the Intel Chipset, and installed the latest version of the BIOS as well as the SSD firmware (as of the Intel SSD Toolbox v3.2.1). I also reinstalled the OS.

The issue still persists, where the drive will randomly "disappear" and cause a BSOD. Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I have few more questions:

Is there any other drive connected to the ASMedia* controller? If so, do you get the same behavior after unplugging such drive? Does it help if you update ASMedia* controller drivers?

Did you run the Full Diagnostic Scan from Intel® SSD Toolbox?

There is only one other SATA device connected. Its is a DVD-RW drive connected to the same Intel controller as the SSD.

The system behavior is the same, regardless of if this device is connected or not.

The ASMedia* drivers were updated along with ther others.

I am unable to complete a Full Diagnostic Scan from the toolbox. The drive "disconnects" before it is able to complete.

Thank you,

~Caleb