cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 750 PCI-E & X79.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Good evening! I have a question concerning support for SSD 750 PCI-Ex motherboard chipset X79. Not so long ago I was thinking about buying this card (SATA - is not seen as outdated and resembles an echo IDE), as the current software requires a radical solution for speed and other things, but Googling forums, I realized that X79 motherboards are not included in the support this device and work as a boot device it will not be (((. The question is - the X99 chipset so different from the X79? built-in support USB3?

Frankly speaking I do not feel the need to go to the X79 X99 for a few% performance increase. What is the problem that the literary manager for chipsets only support 9* Series? It is not the desire to Intel or me (us PC users) should apply to the producers of our boards requesting the release of UEFI-BIOS with support NVMe and drives them? Or is it some kind of hardware problem?

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Good evening jonathan_intel!

Thank you very much for the answer, but that's not the answer that I needed. Perhaps this is an error of interpretation or not true, I expressed my idea. I am wondering whether there are any obstacles to the use of hardware SSD 750 PCI-E on the X79, or is it purely a question is in the plane? Theoretically, the SSD was released later as X79 and X99 platforms, and therefore I do not understand if there is hardware obstacles to its use. Apparently Intel following its policy has already written off the scrap as the X79 platform obsolete, it is really a pity.

With regard to these terbovany you, this motherboard should fully comply with them http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79%20Extreme9/index.us.asp?cat=Specifications http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79%20Extreme9/index.us.asp?cat=Specifications. Judging by the read on the forum, many PC users refuse to buy 750 and 3 *** versions, because they are not bootable, and somewhere in a forum wrote that the support NVMe in UEFI starts with version 2.4 (or better 2.5) perhaps even you will agree that to take this device as an accumulator (storage) makes no sense.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello XORROR,

From the hardware perspective (form factor, type of connector, etc), there are no obstacles for you to use the Intel® SSD 750 Series in motherboards with Intel® X79 chipset. However, the requirements listed in links provided before are needed for proper operation: PCIe* Gen3 x4, uEFI 2.3.1, NVME support, etc.

Please consider that motherboards based on the Intel® Z97 Chipset and Intel® X99 Chipset are recommended, and even some of those motherboards may not be designed to work with these new drives. Intel® SSD 750 Series are not certified to operate in motherboards using previous generation chipsets, since most of those motherboards may not have the features required for the optimal functionality of the drive. Systems that do not meet the recommended requirements could use SATA SSDs as boot devices.

If you plan to use the Intel® SSD 750 Series in your X79 chipset motherboard, we strongly advise you to contact the Motherboard manufacturer, so they can confirm if the motherboard is able to operate with the new drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jonathan! Thank you for answers and explanations! If I understood everything correctly, the main problem is not the desire to motherboard manufacturers provide software support products * 7 Series and other no-bottlenecking. Well I will write to the ASRock.

Maybe it's silly, but I still ask you to Jonathan, if you have the opportunity to ask someone of your colleagues verify this compatibility at least for family motherboards from Intel, if you it will not be difficult.)))

And it turns out like this - you want a fast SSD from Intel - do not forget to bring a 2-3K $ to the new system (PC).

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello XORROR,

I am glad that the information provided helped you clarify your inquiry. We hope this helps other users as well.

We appreciate your feedback regarding compatibility notes and will consider it for the future.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jonathan! I have a question that I can not on Google, and that would not produce new themes I decided to write here well.

Perhaps it will seem to you RUTFs, but still: Why so different speed read and write large files, depending on the controller? From the amount of memory (size, disk space)? If you believe the reviews for 750 is the same controller as in P3700, but the write speed for large files very different or is it done on purpose?

The second question is a large file blocks are written more evenly than small or they are written in a random order, because the speed of read / write access to both large and small files is huge?

It is difficult to find a useful link with a good description of the operating principle.