Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

SSD Aic 480Gb with adapter card

GCass
Beginner

Do you think that it will work to connect the SSD 900p 480Gb AIC to M.2 with an adapter card ?

https://www.amazon.com/EXPLOMOS-NGFF-Adapter-Power-Cable/dp/B074Z5YKXJ/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074Z5YKXJ&pd_rd_r=DGBE20VWN5CG5WH5H0X0&pd_rd_w=uyob7&pd_rd_wg=eiXCx&refRID=DGBE20VWN5CG5WH5H0X0&th=1 Amazon.com: EXPLOMOS M.2 Key M NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card, 4 PIN Power Cable (2 Pack): Computers & Accessories

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi GreenC,

We don't support the use of adapters as we cannot confirm the compatibility with all of them, therefore I don't recommend you to use the adapter you are mentioning.

On the other hand, if what you need is to connect the drive to an M.2 connector because it's the only option available, I recommend you instead the U.2 form factor version of the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series. It includes an adapter cable from U.2 to M.2 connector. Please check it in the following site for additional details: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000025739/memory-and-storage/enthusiast-ssds.html What's in the Box for Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series

I hope you find this information useful. If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi GreenC,

We don't support the use of adapters as we cannot confirm the compatibility with all of them, therefore I don't recommend you to use the adapter you are mentioning.

On the other hand, if what you need is to connect the drive to an M.2 connector because it's the only option available, I recommend you instead the U.2 form factor version of the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series. It includes an adapter cable from U.2 to M.2 connector. Please check it in the following site for additional details: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000025739/memory-and-storage/enthusiast-ssds.html What's in the Box for Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series

I hope you find this information useful. If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
GCass
Beginner

Hi Diego V.,

Thanks for help; I've seen that option, but U2 version it is smaller capacity; and I already have the Aic SSD.

Right now, I'm limited by my MB specifications (only 2x PCIe 3.0 (x8) ), and I really want 2 graphic cards for rendering on those ports;

therefore I just removed the Aic SSD 900p (480Gb) from MB ( by the way, EXCELENT SSD, really good performance; that why it is so hard to eliminate it).

I'll wait a couple of months, and upgrade my system again, look like the only solution.

Many thanks, one more time

GreenC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GreenC,

No problem, we're here to help.

I understand what you are saying. I'm sorry you had to remove the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series because of the form factor. Hopefully with the upgraded system you will be able to include this SSD again into it.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to open a new thread. We'll assist you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos