cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD DC P3700 AIC card and Dell PowerEdge r710 and r720

AYart
New Contributor

Dear colleagues,

we have some Dell PowerEdge r710 and r720 servers in use.

We plan to buy PCI SSD DC P3700 AIC (as PCI cards) to use in in r710 and r720 servers. But i didn't find any information about compatibility of Intel SSD P3700 and our server's models.

Can you please help me if it compatible or no?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Alexey;

Intel SSD DC P3700 series drives will work with Dell servers.There is a list here under documents, characterization guide or slot matrix that recommends the r730.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/dell-support.htm Support Site for Intel® SSD DC P3700, Intel® SSD DC P3600 and Intel® SSD DC P3500 for Dell* Servers

The r720 and r710 would be untested. If the SSD DC P3700 is used as a data drive (non-bootable) it may work very well. The performance needs are a x4 PCIe 3.0 slot.

AYart
New Contributor

Warren,

thank you for your reply.

We tested SSD DC P3700 on Dell PowerEdge r710. r710 mode have only x4 PCI 2.0 slot and first time when we installed SSD card into it we received PCI error during server loading. But...

PowerEdge r710 has no half-height slot (only full height). Next time we tried to use full-height bracket included in the DC P3700 box. We installed bracket to card and after insertion in PCI slot we saw that card inserted in some millimeters far from first time. After that SSD was correctly identified by r710 BIOS and now works fine under Windows 2012 R2 (wу use Intel drivers but with windows native drivers it also works).

Then result: SSD DC P3700 can be used in DELL PowerEdge r710 server series succesfully (even with PCIe 2.0).

I think that it will also work in r720.

Thank you.

Alexey