cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD DC S3500 doesn't detect correctly in Sentey Docking station.

NHerr3
New Contributor

Hi,

I downloaded the Intel SSD Toolbox to test an SSD drive we have, but when I connect it through a Sentey Docking Station, the SSD Toolbox software doesn't detect it as an Intel Drive.

It detects a 500 GB Seagate SATA drive that came with the computer, but it won't detect the DC S3500.

I tried to use the "SSD-Life" utility and it detects it as an Intel and says it's working fine, but don't understand why the SSD Toolbox isn't able to detect it correctly.

I will tell you that the drive shows as an "asmedia ASMT1051 USB Device" when plugged into the docking station.

I've tried multiple SSDs and they detect as asmedia devices, but other software can still detect them correctly.

I know it's the Docking station that's making it show as an asmedia, but any reason why the Toolbox software can't see it? Does it look at the Windows name?

I just wanted to use the Intel toolbox to test it.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Stormin_Norman,

The Intel® SSD DC S3500 Series may not be visible as Intel® Drive when connected through a third-party product. If possible, try to connect it to a SATA port on your computer directly in order to see it as an Intel® Drive. You can either use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool Download Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Tool or the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Download Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox

Additionally, USB enclosures usually don't report it as an Intel® Drive bu t its controller in the docking station and that is the reason the Intel® SSD Toolbox won't recognize it.

Please, check if it recognized under other drivers in the toolbox.

NHerr3
New Contributor

Ok. I'll try to do that. Thanks for your assistance.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Storming_Norman

You are welcome !