I have a Windows XP version on a computer that will complete a backup image onto this drive but will not boot from it.
The SSD is 120GB Sata 3 3Gb/s.
This device has worked with a Crucial 120GB SSD, Transcend 32GB, and Advantech 32GB, but it yields to work with the Intel driver.
I was wondering if the driver is not compatible with the XP os or is the problem elsewhere?
Thank you for contacting our support community.
We understand your concern regarding the compatibility for the Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series with Windows XP*.
We would like to inform you that the SSD doesn't support Windows XP*, it only supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 8*, Windows 8.1*, Windows 10*
- Windows Server 2012*, 2012 R2*
- Windows Server 2008* Enterprise 32/64bit SP2
- Windows Server 2008* R2
- VMWare* 5.1, 5.5
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 6.3, 6.5, 7.0
- SUSE* Linux* Enterprise Server 11 SP1, SP3
- CentOS* 64bit 6.3, 6.5
- VMWare* 6.0, 6.5
If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.