cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD DC S3700 series Model SSDSC2BA800G3P compatible with VMWare VSAN6

AGray1
New Contributor

Is SSD DC S3700 series Model SSDSC2BA800G3P compatible with VMWare VSAN6 as I have a couple of HP servers with them in and I wanted to use them in a VSAN cluster SSDSC2BA800G3 only is listed as compatible and they state it is up to the manufacture to confirm compatibility Without the exact model on their HCL they will not support the software Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello exitapg,

Could you please check on your SSD for the HP PN and check to see if that shows up on the VMWare site? Please set the Search For filter to SSD and the the Partners filter to HP. If it does not show then we suggest that you contact HP and ask them to get their part registered as compatible on the VMWare site. We can not do that as it is technically an HP part. The drive will work with VSAN6.

AGray1
New Contributor

Hi thank you for your help The HP part no is 691851-001 and it does not appear on the VMWare website I have tried to contact HP support via their website but they require a valid part number and the SSD does not show up I have validated the part number online via other websites and it checks out as the same drive that I have so it should appear on the HP support section have you any suggestions as to where in HP I should contact to get this moving? Any help would be much appreciated

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello exitpg,

Did you only access their support page or did you call them ? Are you located ?

AGray1
New Contributor

Hi I am located in Ireland I have tried their support page and their support forum

AGray1
New Contributor

Hi I have called their server support but have had no luck as they say the serial number is not recognised and without a HP support contract I can't take it any further... what can I do now as they work fine with VSAN6 and you/Intel have stated they are compatible? To replace these drives will cost over £9000