Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

SSD Firmware Update - Initial start screen wont show...

idata
Employee

I've just downloaded the Intel SSD Toolbox (latest version) and it noted that there is a firmware update. I found the firmware update tool, created a bootable USB as instructed from the ISO file, boot, the bios loads into the USB, runs thought the dos-like screen, but no "Initial Start Screen" to select the drive and run the actual firmware update. Not sure why it wont show that.

I have the SSD 750.

The USB is made 100% correctly.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi DustinLabs,

We understand you cannot install the latest firmware of the SSD using the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool since the start screen won't show.

You mentioned you have the latest version of the Intel® SSD toolbox, did you try to run the firmware from this tool?

-What is the firmware version currently installed?

-When you tried the firmware with the USB key, did you change the BIOS to boot as "legacy mode"? (He have seen cases where this option needs to be changed)

Let us know so we can assist you further.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The SSD toolbox won't allow me to update the firmware from there.... It says contact support... I tried the manual method via USB... No success. I have the SSD 750 PCIe 800gb version...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Also, no where to check current firmware version. The SSD toolbox doesn't say. ...running Windows 10 64bit

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DustinLab,

We have been able to upgrade the firmware using the Intel® SSD Toolbox, could you please make sure of the following:

-Have the latest NVMe* driver installed? (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers Here is the link)

-Uninstall and reinstall Intel® SSD Toolbox. (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26387/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Here is the link)

Try changing the BIOS settings for legacy boot mode when running the firmware update tool as well.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your help! I guess I have thought I didn't need to install the NVMe drivers from Intel as the drive was working - but was needed for the update - The firmware update was successful. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DustinLab,

We are glad to hear the update was completed successfully after the installation of the NVMe* drivers.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos