cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Intel seri 520 180Gb

ATrin
New Contributor

Hi you,

My ssd intel seri 520 180Gb but i check capacity it 144gb.

You can see at attach photos.

12 REPLIES 12

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello ngocan84,

We cross-checked the information from your SSD and it is an Intel® Solid-State Drive 520 Series 180 GB according to our records.

We would like to mention that the capacity available to the user may be modified with 3rd Party Tools. In some cases a user would do this to meet specific system requirements, like increasing overprovisioning, or to match a determined capacity for business needs. Intel does not recommend tampering with the original condition of the drive, so we don't support this type of changes.

Checking the portion of the SMART attributes from the screenshot you provided, the SSD does not show any sign of hardware problems.

If you obtained the drive in this condition and it was advertised as a 180 GB drive, we would advise you to contact the place of purchase and check with them about this matter.

I use Intel SSD Toolbox checked. The SSD does not show any sign of hardware problems , but why capacity 144Gb ?

TYan3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Did you clone from another disk to it by any means? Can you paste a screenshot of your disk management utility?

Also I noticed that you're connecting to it with a USB adapter. Have you tried connecting it to SATA directly or to USB with an adapter of another model?

ATrin
New Contributor

Hi Tom Yan,

Can you help me delete or resize capacity over-provisioning on ssd 180Gb.

TYan3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Honestly I am not sure what you are actually experiencing. Ths over-provisioning theory from jonathan_intel is just plain guess to me. Thing is are you the first owner of this drive? What can you tell about the history of this drive (like when did you buy it, since when this problem appear, what have you done before it appear, etc.)? Have you actually set up / adjusted something explicit, like Host Protection Area?

I've already told you what I can think of to troubleshoot, by the little information you've provided.