cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Error in Windows 7 x64 Latest Firmware/Software

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I updated the firmware on my 160gig x25-m G2 drive to the latest. I then installed windows 7 x 64 from scratch on an intel DP55kg motherboard.

When I run the toolkit 1.2 and scan the drive everything is OK. When I go to the tools to optimize the drive it gives me "Intel SSD Optimizer Error" with no other explanation.

I have tried chaning the ACHI drivers from Intels to Windows but that did not fix the issue. I have also turned off the scheduled defrag (which you should always do for SSD drives) and I turned off windows restore. It still does not fix the issue.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Check that the drive is connected to one of the chipset SATA ports. Looks like these are supposed to be colored black on your board. According to some, connecting to port 0 or 1 may be preferable.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The drive is in SATA port 0.

Does Intel have a debug option or dump file for it's toolkit so you can figure out what is causing it to give an error?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

SSD Toolbox has an Export button option to export log files.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The export option creates a CSV file with the drive's information. It does not contain any errors from the management tool.

Of interest I find that when I go to run the management tool for my drive it gets to 7% before it gives me the dreaded Intel SSD Optimizer Error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had very similar problem:

SSD: 80GB x25-m with the latest 02HD firmware

MB: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

SSD connected to channel 0 SATA port

SATA running in AHCI mode using msahci.sys

When I ran Intel SSD Optimizer, it immediately failed with "Intel SSD Optimizer Error" message.

Solution:

I've found that the problem was caused by TrueCrypt (using the latest version 6.3a). I don't have any part of SSD encrypted, but I had mounted 1TB encrypted partition. After I dismounted this encrypted drive and shut down TrueCrypt completely, SSD Optimizer started working like a charm (I know that it is not necessary to use SSD Toolbox to trim the drive when using msahci.sys, but I wanted to try it).