cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Error in Windows 7 x64 Latest Firmware/Software

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I updated the firmware on my 160gig x25-m G2 drive to the latest. I then installed windows 7 x 64 from scratch on an intel DP55kg motherboard.

When I run the toolkit 1.2 and scan the drive everything is OK. When I go to the tools to optimize the drive it gives me "Intel SSD Optimizer Error" with no other explanation.

I have tried chaning the ACHI drivers from Intels to Windows but that did not fix the issue. I have also turned off the scheduled defrag (which you should always do for SSD drives) and I turned off windows restore. It still does not fix the issue.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

@ichun: I'm successfully running Office 2007 Pro with no problems. I intend to install Office 2010 Beta using the standard installation process. I think the virtualization software built into the 'Click to Run' software is causing the problem. It would be interesting to find out if anyone else using products based the former 'Softricity' platform experience similar problems.

@ambizytl: I know I shouldn't need to use the optimizer. Now that I've removed the virtualized Office 2010 product, I plan to monitor performance (without using the optimizer). If performance doesn't degrade, I don't plan on using the optimizer again. I will update this forum with my thoughts...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi

I have the same issue as the original poster, and i can't get the SSD Optimizer to work. When i click the "run" button the whole bar turns red and the status changes to "failed" and Recommended Action changes to "Intel SSD Optimizer error".

I've disabled defrag, turned on ACHI, i have no virtual drives, no encrypted areas, the firmware is 02HA and i've tried with both version 1.2 and 1.3 of the SSD Toolbox.

And i can run the diagnostic scans in the toolbox without any errors.

Any more tips and tricks for that issue except the ones that have been discussed so far?

-----------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD7

I7 930

160gb x-25-m G2

Win7 Ultimate x64

-----------------------------