Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Won't Run

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a 120GB Intel 320 SSD. My setup is:

• HP dm1z laptop
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • 8 GB RAM

When I try to run the optimizer it says, "Cannot run the Intel SSD Optimizer on RAID configurations."

I don't think I have a RAID setup. Do I have an HP propriatary setup? Or could this be a problem with an Intel SSD on AMD chipset?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yep, running AMD SATA driver version 1.2.1.269. Thanks!

So my last question is how do I switch the driver to Microsoft's msahci generic driver?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you right click it in the Device Manager where you see it, you can then click uninstall.

Running Windows 7, there is no need to use the optimizer though, so I wouldn't uninstall it if I were you.

Here is text from Intel's own documentation:

Note: If your computer uses Microsoft* Windows* 7 and the standard Microsoft AHCI driver

(the default setup for normal configurations without RAID), the Intel SSD Optimizer works;

however, you do not need to use the Intel SSD Optimizer because Windows 7 implements

the Trim functionality natively. 

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dryne wrote:

If you right click it in the Device Manager where you see it, you can then click uninstall.

Running Windows 7, there is no need to use the optimizer though, so I wouldn't uninstall it if I were you.

Here is text from Intel's own documentation:

Note: If your computer uses Microsoft* Windows* 7 and the standard Microsoft AHCI driver

(the default setup for normal configurations without RAID), the Intel SSD Optimizer works;

however, you do not need to use the Intel SSD Optimizer because Windows 7 implements

the Trim functionality natively. 

Omigosh, I didn't know this! I've been running my 510 for 3mos and running the Optimizer every week or so. But I use the MS AHCI driver, so don't have to do this!?!? Maybe that's why Optimizer always runs so fast then (takes just a few seconds)?