cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer error (100)

Evand
New Contributor

Using latest SSD Toolbox (v3.1.8) on SSD 320 160Gb. Never had any problems. Firmware is latest. OS is Win7 32.

My SSD is split into two partitions. When I run the SSD optimizer on my C-drive, all is fine. When I run it on my D-drive, I get "Error: The Intel SSD Optimizer encountered an error (100). Reboot and try again.".

Rebooting did not help. I did a scandisk: no problems. I did q quick diagnostics scan: no problems. I have seen no issues on my system to date.

Anyone? I can't even find what "error (100)" means...

15 REPLIES 15

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please verify the existence of the directory _ISSDT_ in the root of the drive being optimized. You may delete the folder and try the optimization again.

It is possible that this folder is hidden; if so, click on Organize from the Windows* Explorer window, then click on Folder and search options, select the View tab, finally click on Show hidden files, folders and drives.

There is the directory _ISSDT_ in my C: drive. As you mentioned, it was hidden and I made it visible.

Then I installed SSD Toolbox version 3.18 and performed Optimizer but, sadly, I had the same error message, SSD Optimizer error (100).

Evand
New Contributor

Interesting... I have partitioned my SSD into two disks: C and D. The C-drive works fine and I see NO _ISSDT_ folder there. I have problems with my D drive. I do have a _ISSDT_ folder there... (that folder is empty by the way: 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders).

I removed the folder and restarted the Intel tool. My problem is GONE!

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Sacundala, please proceed to delete such folder and run the optimization again.

I think I didn't notice the word 'delete' from your words, my mistake. Finally I deleted that folder and the problem was disappeared. Happy day! I appreciate your business and kindness.