Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evand
Beginner

SSD Optimizer error (100)

Using latest SSD Toolbox (v3.1.8) on SSD 320 160Gb. Never had any problems. Firmware is latest. OS is Win7 32.

My SSD is split into two partitions. When I run the SSD optimizer on my C-drive, all is fine. When I run it on my D-drive, I get "Error: The Intel SSD Optimizer encountered an error (100). Reboot and try again.".

Rebooting did not help. I did a scandisk: no problems. I did q quick diagnostics scan: no problems. I have seen no issues on my system to date.

Anyone? I can't even find what "error (100)" means...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello EJH,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please indicate the partition size, free space and type (NTFS, FAT, etc)?

Did the Intel® SSD Optimizer work under a previous version of Intel® SSD Toolbox? If so, what version?

Does it help if you uninstall and reinstall Intel® SSD Toolbox?

Evand
Beginner

Both NTFS. No, never seen this before with any of the Intel SSD

Toolbox versions I've used (and I have been using this for about two years

now).

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We have not been able to replicate this yet, please allow us more time for further testing.

By the way, does the partition in question include any customized setup such as security policies, quota management or disk compression? If so, does it make a difference if you disable any of those options?

Evand
Beginner

As far as I'm aware of there's nothing special with the partitions. And certainly not on the D partition where I see the error (the C partition is OK).

What does "error(100)" mean in the first place???

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are still investigating about this error. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

EJH, would you please test with an older Intel® SSD Toolbox version?

Let us know in case you do not have access to it.

CJeon8
Novice

I've got very same problem too. I couldn't solve this one.

SSD 320 Series 40GB. Windows 7, 64bit. 17.5GB free of 37.2GB. NTFS. SSD Toolbox (v3.1.8)

Please let me know how to install an older version of SSD Toolbox.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

EJH and Sacundala, I sent you both a link for an older Intel® SSD Toolbox version via private message. Please check it as soon as possible.

CJeon8
Novice

Thank you for your prompt reply. I uninstalled 3.18 version Toolbox and installed 3.16 one.

However, I got the same error message, SSD Optimizer error (100).

I bought this SSD on April 9, 2013 and there was no such error like this at that time.

Please tell me what I can do now. Thanks.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please verify the existence of the directory _ISSDT_ in the root of the drive being optimized. You may delete the folder and try the optimization again.

It is possible that this folder is hidden; if so, click on Organize from the Windows* Explorer window, then click on Folder and search options, select the View tab, finally click on Show hidden files, folders and drives.

CJeon8
Novice

There is the directory _ISSDT_ in my C: drive. As you mentioned, it was hidden and I made it visible.

Then I installed SSD Toolbox version 3.18 and performed Optimizer but, sadly, I had the same error message, SSD Optimizer error (100).

Evand
Beginner

Interesting... I have partitioned my SSD into two disks: C and D. The C-drive works fine and I see NO _ISSDT_ folder there. I have problems with my D drive. I do have a _ISSDT_ folder there... (that folder is empty by the way: 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders).

I removed the folder and restarted the Intel tool. My problem is GONE!

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Sacundala, please proceed to delete such folder and run the optimization again.

CJeon8
Novice

I think I didn't notice the word 'delete' from your words, my mistake. Finally I deleted that folder and the problem was disappeared. Happy day! I appreciate your business and kindness.

ZFred
Beginner

thanks your guys,I met the same problem and solved with your method to delete the _ISSDT_ folder. And _ISSDT_ folder is invisible so need change the property at first.