cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Performance problem on H67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently built a Demonstration PC to show my customers the speed of the latest Intel Sandy Bridge CPU, Windows 7 and SSD's.

The specs are:

Gigabyte H67MA-D2H Intel Core i5 23002x2GB Kingston DDR3-1333MHZ OCZ 60G Vertex II E Series SSD Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64

No dedicated graphics card.

I noticed the SSD was not performing like it should (below) and could not work out why.

I opened a thread over on the OCZ forum but as SB is new they could not work it out iether.

So I set about working it out for myself and found the problem. I'm hoping Intel provide a solution.

I found the same problem on a new PC I built over the weekend using the new B3 mobo with the fixed chipset so that is not the problem.

Fault Finding Log:

Loaded optimized bios defaultschanged bios to AHCIInstalled Win 7 HP x64 SP1 to 1TB WD Black WD1002FAEX on SATA III Deleting all partitions first.Installed Lan DriverTurned off UACSecure erased SSD with OCZ toolbox v2.33initialised, partitioned and quick formatted SSDRan ATTO v2.46

As you can see the performance is back so it isn't a hardware problem or a Windows problem or an SP1 problem!

Installed latest Intel INF 9.2.0.1025

No great change.

Installed Latest Intel HD Family GFX driver 15.21.12.64.2321

Bingo!!! That certainly looks like the problem. Who would have guessed a graphics driver could do that!

Has anyone else seen performance problems with SSD's on the H67 chipset?

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

im still having slow writes with graphics driver 2361

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

finally figured out the slow writes with gigabyte h67 and ocz agility 2 60gb it all has to do with the 100gb windows 7 system partition install windows without and write speeds are back from the 215's to the 260's. now i can sleep at nite!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ok i was wrong on the previous post but this is the real solution for any one interested go into the bios and disable c3/c6 state but it also disables turbo boost and you will never have slow write speeds again guaranteed!