Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

SSD Toolbox 3.4.7 failed to get Intel M.2 600p NVME SMART status

0Clt
Beginner

My problems is my Intel M.2 600p 512GB work as boot SSD seems work fine in Win7 with inbox driver. But Intel SSD Toolbox 3.4.7 still failed to get any SMART status and show the firmware versions as PSF. I found 3.4.7 claim support M.2 600p series but still not work. How can i solve this problems?

My PC info as:

Motherboard is ASUS H170 Pro Gaming latest BIOS version.

My M.2 600p SSD Model: SSDPEKKW512G7. Firmware version: PSF109C

Intel SSD Toolbox versions 3.4.7

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello clt002,

Thank you for reporting this situation with the latest version of the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, we would like to engage our software team and ask them about this situation.

We'll be providing updates as soon as we have them.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello clt002,

Regarding this situation with the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, we would like to inform you that there is a limitation with the in-box driver, a reason why our tool is not able to read the SMART details.

There are third-party tools that can help reading some generic attributes, in case you want to try, but keep in mind those tools may only read the generic ones. (i.e. Crystal Disk Info)

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello clt002,

We have an update for this situation, after removing all previous versions and junk files from Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, we were able to fresh install the latest version and the SMART details came up.

We had to fully update Windows® 10 in order for this to work. Hope you can also test and share results.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
0Clt
Beginner

Yes, i already upgrade to Windows 10 and Intel SSD Toolbox can get SMART details. However, the Toolbox recommend upgrade to latest firmware and get the poor performance than old firmware. Below as my post in related topic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi clt002,

Thanks for replying back and letting us know the software works now.

About the firmware for the SSD, we will be providing a statement soon in the thread you are pointing out above.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos