cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Toolbox won't install

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all,

I am trying to install SSD Toolbox on my pc and every time I do so it seems to hang during the installation. It seems to be able to self extract, but it opens an invisible Java window after that and nothing else happens. I end up having to terminate the process in Task Manager. Anybody have some ideas as to what may be happening?

7 REPLIES 7

RGiff
Contributor

Try disabiling your security software it may be blocking the install , I know Norton does.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a similar problem. After the self-extract, nothing happens. But in my case, the process kills itself after the self extract. Antivirus is disabled, still won't start installation.

JSchn12
New Contributor

I have the same problem as you. After opening the file, it starts extracting then after the Installanywhere progress bar finishes it just closes. I tried disabling antivirus and running as admin and still wont work.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've found a solution: Run the self extracting file in another computer (that doesn't have a SSD). Grab the files just after the extraction and copy them to the one with the SSD. You will have to copy them to a normal hard disk (not the SSD)! Then the installation will run!