cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

SSD Toolbox won't install

Hello all,

I am trying to install SSD Toolbox on my pc and every time I do so it seems to hang during the installation. It seems to be able to self extract, but it opens an invisible Java window after that and nothing else happens. I end up having to terminate the process in Task Manager. Anybody have some ideas as to what may be happening?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Try disabiling your security software it may be blocking the install , I know Norton does.

idata
Community Manager

I have a similar problem. After the self-extract, nothing happens. But in my case, the process kills itself after the self extract. Antivirus is disabled, still won't start installation.

JSchn12
Beginner

I have the same problem as you. After opening the file, it starts extracting then after the Installanywhere progress bar finishes it just closes. I tried disabling antivirus and running as admin and still wont work.

idata
Community Manager

I've found a solution: Run the self extracting file in another computer (that doesn't have a SSD). Grab the files just after the extraction and copy them to the one with the SSD. You will have to copy them to a normal hard disk (not the SSD)! Then the installation will run!

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

What Model SSD , Do you have ? The tool Box will not work on the older 50Nm drives.

idata
Community Manager

I've got 2 computers.

The one has the Intel 320 80GB SATAII MLC, purchased just a month ago.

The other one has the Intel X25-M 80GB MLC.

Both are running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Intel SSD Toolbox installation stops after extraction in both of them.

The strange thing is that the installation does run on my Dell laptop after the extraction process, which has the same OS (but it doesn't have any SSD on it).

idata
Community Manager

Are these laptops all Intel CPU and chipset boards? Did you check the Tool Box installation guide for any potential issues with certain hardware, etc:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18455/a08/Multi-Language_Installation_Guide.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18455/a08/Multi-Language_Installation_Guide.pdf