cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD X-25-M 80GB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
Hello, do i have trim properly working?I installed this one today, it already come with latest firmware, so what i done:

1. Set Bios to AHCI2. Clean Windows 7 install

Once i got in desktop, i saw that it was listed under "Safely hardware remove", why?

I tryed installing latest chipset inf, but it was still showing there.

Then i download intel rapid storage technology and finally it is not there anymore.

What worries me, if by having this installed, will trim work? i read that it will not for raid setups, but with only one SSD, what?

My Motherboard is P5W DH Deluxe

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Not bad, but I guess could be better. This could depend on hardware so I may get better scores than you and someone else may get better scores than me. I have 3 SSD's, 80GB (1) 160GB (2).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have noticed that SSD benchmarks against my C: drive are always the worst. I have a small empty partition that always gives the best. Since they are both on the same SSD the explaination must be that more than just SSD performance is being measured by the benchmarks. All hardware from the I/O controller to the SSD is the same it must be NTFS overhead.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Another thing worth mentioning is benchmark results do vary from time to time with same SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ambizytl, I have NEVER seen the same benchmark numbers from two consecutive runs, even in Safe Mode. Of course, Safe Mode is the best trick for producing eyepopping benchmark numbers.