cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD X25-M 80GB with only 8MEGAbytes available

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
A few days ago I bought an Acer Aspire Timeline AS3810t-6775 which came with an Intel SSD X25-M 80GB. After 2 days of operation, the HD simply recognizes only 8 megabytes. In the BIOS, Serial Number field is shown BAD_CTX. I wonder if Intel has a fix for this problem. I can not claim warranty as bought in the U.S. but I am in Brazil now.
11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
Well friends, I've tried various tools to repair my SDD but I had no success. I contacted Intel, but as my SSD was purchased as part of my laptop from Acer, Intel redirected me to the Acer. Acer has requested that I send my laptop for repair, but it would be impossible for me because of the time I'd be without my laptop. I even replace the SSD Intel for a Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB and my laptop is working perfectly. I was very disappointed with the support of Intel! I have the hope of making a new firmware for Intel to fix the problem of the X25-M, but until that happens, I'm living:) PS.: I tried the following tools: HDAT2, HDDErase 3.1 and 4, Active Killer HDD Scan HDD LLF's HDDGuru, Victoria, and some others which do not remember ... BAD_CTX but continues to appear in the serial number.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same problem. After updating to 2CV102HA firmware today my SSD stopped working. It worked a little while, but after I restared Windows it started to show 0MB in BIOS and Intel Firmware Update Toolkit shows BAD_CTX as a serial number. Nice....