cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD and Deep Freeze c.s.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I own an Intel X25-M 80 Gb with latest firmware and Toolbox. For years I have used Faronics Deep Freeze on various OS, including Win7.

Since I installed Win7 on the ssd in combination with Deep Freeze the following happens: after freezing and/or thawing the C: partition Firefox acts weird: when started up it goed to the "just-installed-page" instead of my usual homepage. Also Newsleecher is affected: It says that it is not registered (which is not true) and if I enter the registration a very short message says it can't be written to disk and advises me to use admin mode, in which I am. Deep Freeze is not the problem because I tried other programs with exact the same result ( Drive Vaccine, Rollback RX, SoMoDo, Returnil).

Any ideas??

1 REPLY 1

MBall5
Contributor

Hello, I would like to let you know that we have not test this type of software and there is a possibility that some software might not work properly with an Solid State Drive, I suggest to contact the software manufacturer and see if they have any recommendation just yet and I will sent this feedback to the engineering department for future firmware of the Solid State Drives.