cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD back-up issues

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Before I switched my boot drive to the Intel X25-M ssd, I weekly backed up my C drive to E drive. Both drives have the same 640gb capacity. After the switching, I discovered from Windows & (64-bit) Action Center that the back up failed. I switched back to the original drive, and back up was successful. I cloned the C drive to the ssd drive with the Data Migration Software from Acronis. I must say that if I changed the bios from IDE to AHCI, Windows would not start. An Intel tech suggested to reformat the ssd and cloning the drive. I did and the same back up failure happened. As of now, I have not downloaded the Toolbox, and have not updated the firmware yet. Can anybody help on the back up issues?

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

AS I understand the pagefile in Windows XP is used as the driver input output area and by setting the pagefile to another HD or to none eliminates the SSD as a I/O work area.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The backup issues I had previous written about have disappeared since removing the Norton antivirus.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The cloning with the Data Migration Software dont correct bad aligning. Such a tool shouldt correct partitions with bad aligning .

How else migrate from XP to ssd with the tool when it doesnt correct aligning .