cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD damaged after 1day ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

i have installed Win7 64bit 3 times on 3 different SSD´s (all of them are X25-M G2 80GB 2.5")

The fist one worked for 1 day before my System reported a S.M.A.R.T. Error (something with the end-to-end error correction)

the Serial Number was : CVPO051301QK080JGN. I sent it back to the supplier for an replacement as i thought this can happen.

The 2nd one worked for about 20 days and then reported the same Error as the 1st one (Serial Number was : CVPo102500Z0080JGN) . I was really surprised as i was quite happy with the performance, so i sent it back to the supplier for an replacement, ok all good things are 3 i thought. But the supplier sent me back the money.

So i ordered a new one from a other supplier, i installed again the Win7 64bit and was stilll working with all windows updates, when suddently the system keep freezing all 2-3 seconds for 1 second, first i thought it is based on the updates which get installed, but finnaly the system freezed completely and i did a hard power off.

The reboot started but what that.... no SSD anymore ??? it does not appear in the BIOS. So now also the 3rd SSD has obviously the same issue, I´m really irritated as all research i did before told me that this is the SSD to use. I have also ordered a new SATA Cable which did not make any difference.

Now i sent back also the 3rd SSD (X25-M G2 80GB 2.5") and will wait for anybody who can tell me whats going wrong on my end 🙂 my current system is not the newest but runs stabel for 2 years and i had never issues with it but i assume it don´t like intels SSD´s 🙂

System :

Mainboard : ASUS P5N-E SLI (NVIDIA nForce Controller)

Grafik : NVIDIA GeForce8800 GTX

Did anybode fight with the same issues i have ?

I think i will just stay on my old HDD and put the Money in my new bicycle 🙂

cheers

Jens

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

NVIDIA say no more

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Try disabling command queueing on the port the SSD is connected to. A friend of mine with an Intel SSD and Nvidia motherboard had to do that to get it to work properly.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Try Intel SSD firmware update FW version 02M3.

18 January 2011

2CV102M3This firmware revision fixes enumeration and slow-boot issues on SATA 6Gb/s controllers, adds improvements to S.M.A.R.T. attributes for more accurate reporting of drive health, improves NCQ capability, and fixes possible drive hangs when reading S.M.A.R.T. self-test log.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dissapointed here as well, my 80G intel 320 was only 2-3 days old when I reset the system because it froze up and the drive never worked ever since, it shows 8m capacity on the disk manager, cannot initialize, format or do anything with it.

I am running EVGA x58 i7 950 SLI GTX560ti 12Gram windows 7 home 64bit.

Tried installing it to another system but no use it's stuck on the 8m capacity ???????????? go figure

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

sogersortep, That does not sound good about your SSD. You can give the following a try if you'd like before returning it, which you should do now if there is a time limit to return it.

If you don't have the Intel SSD Toolbox on your EVGA X58 PC, download and install it. You should run either of the Diagnostic Scan's to see what the results are. In the Management Tools section, you should perform a Secure Erase, although you may need to format the drive first, and check the Help or Toolbox User Guide for more information if you need it.

If the Secure Erase completes fine, you can then try the SSD again, which will be starting over as if it is new, if it is not broken. But, if it is truly broken, then this will not fix it of course. You could also attempt a firmware update on it. If it seems fine after all of this, you could give it a chance and see how it goes, but returning it may be your best option.